Expanding Randoms

Have an idea for the MUD? I'd like to hear about it - share it here. Do not be harsh on other's ideas.
KrakenSire
God+

Expanding Randoms

Postby KrakenSire » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:27 am

I'll expand on this idea a little later, but I have to head out. Wanted to get it down before I forgot about it.

Random mobs! Same concept as random equipment, but with random mobs popping up.

It'd be cool to see a random Goblin roaming around, or something similar to that.
KrakenSire
God+

Re: Expanding Randoms

Postby KrakenSire » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Alright, I promised to expand on this idea, and here it is. I hadn't put a terrible amount of thought into this. It sort of just popped up in my head as I was talking to Syriac about installing my new connector zone.

Initial thoughts:
Random mobs, I think, would add another variable to an already dynamic game. Right now, other than roaming mobs, like Kahn the Banker, there is not a lot of diversity out there. You get a specific range of mobs for a particular zone; as is the norm. However, the fun thing, for me, about this game is that there is a large amount of code that you really don't see in many other games. Let's continue building that brand. Of course, I say this knowing it won't be me writing the code. lol

Dynamics:
Time specific mobs -> Bandits and Rogues that travel roads at night.
-> This would likely require a new area flag (roadway) so that these particular mobs would pop in the right spots.
-> New mob flag (bandit)
-> Players could receive some sort of reward for returning the corpse to the magistrate. This could be a fun new bounty system. Quest Points?
-> These mobs would try to steal from players traveling the roads.

I'm sure other ideas will come up, but The Kraken is adjusting my focus for me. I can't really think right now. If you have others, please add to or discuss new ideas.
Syriac
Site Admin

Postby Syriac » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:33 am

Definitely like the idea and it has crossed my mind in the past. I'd like to grow the Realm a bit more so we don't end up with a ton of mobs in the limited spaces that we have now. I also had the idea of random areas where rooms are generated and connected completely randomly. Maybe one of these days...
Implementor, of course.
KrakenSire
God+

Postby KrakenSire » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Random areas? That is a interesting idea.

My concept is to sort of do an Elder Scrolls style of area building. A lot of different smaller dungeon type areas littered throughout and between the larger, more game driven areas. Random Dungeons would be awesome.

Return to “Ideas”